In this article, we will consider one of the organizational issues of training in our online courses, in particular: the process of connecting to webinars through the GoToWebinar system. For the correct system work, you need to check whether your computer complies with the system requirements. This can be done by clicking the link.
1. Go to the webinar by following the link to, located in your account on the page of the current group.
2. After clicking the registration link, a page with the registration form will be opened. It is necessary to fill in the «First Name», «Last Name» and «Email Address» fields. Then сlick the «Register» button.
3.1. If registration takes place right before the lecture (an hour before the lecture or less), then in the next window you need to click «join the webinar».
3.2. If registration took place several hours or days before the lecture, a letter is sent to the email address used during registration. The letter contains the link you should click a couple of minutes before the start of the lecture.
4. The first time you connect to the webinar 10 minutes before the start of the webinar, after clicking the «join the webinar» button or following the link from the registration letter, GoToWebinar launcher (pay attention that this must be done no earlier than 10 minutes before the start of the webinar, otherwise the automatic download of the application may not occur) app download page will be opened. The next time you connect to the webinars, you don’t have to download the application, you only need to start it.
5. After the application is installed and launched, a window will be opened. The system will suggest you to select a listening mode and to configure your speakers and microphone.
You should wait for the lecturer to join the webinar in the following window:
6. After the lecturer joins, the following will be displayed on the screen:
Please note that the GoToWebinar control panel is located in the upper right corner. To expand it, you should click the button with the orange arrow.
7. Now let's look through the main functions of the control panel:
8.1. The «Audio» block.
The «Audio» is the first block where you can configure the parameters of the speakers and microphone.
If during the webinar the sound is interrupting or disappears completely, the audio settings are most likely needed to be configured again. You can check them in this block:
8.2. The «Questions» block.
This block is located below the «Audio» block and contains a text field where you can write a question/message to the lecturer. Asked questions will be displayed above:
IMPORTANT NOTE: there is NO group chat during the webinar. All the questions are only visible to the student who asked them. Group chat is only available to the lecturer.
If the lecturer has not voiced and answered the question, perhaps they did not see it because of the huge number of messages.
If your question remained unanswered during the lecture, please contact online support on the website or in your personal account.
8.3. Control buttons.
The panel also displays the «Maximize to full screen» and «Raise your hand» buttons.
9. If during the webinar you encounter some issues with the GoToWebinar application or you accidentally close it, it is possible to rejoin the webinar. To do this, you should follow the link from the email, that was sent to you after the registration once again:
And reopen the application.
10. Feedback on the webinar.
Upon the completion of the webinar, a page with the suggestion for you to rate the lecturers on a ten-point scale will be opened in the browser.
Our company, and the lecturers in particular, value your feedback!
Prefer watching webinars from your phone or tablet? We have prepared the mobile GoToWebinar application guide.