In one of our articles we have talked about the work in the GoToWebinar system via desktop browser. Today we will look through the joining process to our webinars using mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
1. First of all, you need to install the GoToWebinar mobile application: GoToWebinar for Android or GoToWebinar for iOS.
To join the lecture you need to follow the webinar link, which is placed in the personal cabinet on the page of the current group. After following the lecture registration link the registration form page will be opened. The «First Name», «Last Name», «Email Address» fields should be filled up in. Then click the «Register» button.
2. 1. If the registration takes place right before the lecture (an hour or less before the lesson), click the «join the webinar» link in the next window.
2.2. After clicking the «join the webinar» link or after following the link from the registration letter you will be connected to the webinar immediately.
3. After the presented of the lecure connects to the lecture, the screen will display the next:
4. If you left the app screen by pressing the «Home» button, then by expanding the upper menu you will see the block with the lecture. Tap this block and the app screen will be displayed again.
Let’s look though the functions provided by the app.
5. The «Question Mark» icon placed in the upper menu allows users to move to the «Questions» block.
6.1. Having tapped this icon you will see the chat with the lector, where you can ask the question that bothers you.
To not to distract from the lecture, you can return to the presentation screen. Your question can be answered in a written way. In this case, the dialog icon will appear near the «Question mark» icon:
IMPORTANT: There is no general chat room during the lecture. The student who asked the question will see only his own questions and answers. The general chat room is available only for the lector.
If the lector didn’t read your question and answer it, maybe he hadn’t seen it because of the enormous amount of messages.
If you didn’t get the answer for your question during the lecture
Pay attention to the links that are dropped in the chat are not available from this application, but all the links of the lecture are collected in a document that can be downloaded and opened from the device.
6.2. The last icon opens the additional functions list:
6.3. The «Audio options» is the important item in this list:
6.4. Having tapped this item you will see the sound settings screen. The «Speaker» toggle will allow you to switch between the Speakers mode and the Headphones mode.
6.5. Crossed user icon means that Lector’s camera display is turned off on your device. After tapping the icon in the upper right corner the Lector’s camera block will appear. If this block interferes with your ability to watch the lecture, it can be resized, removed to another screen part or turned off, by tapping the «Lector» icon.
7. The lector will turn on the polls during the webinars. It’s very easy to answer it - just tap the answer that you consider to be the correct ones and wait.
After the moment all the students have answered, the lector will display the student’s answers in percentages. The user doesn’t need to leave this screen on his own, the lector will close it by themself.
8. By tapping the button on the left edge in the upper menu, will allow you to leave the webinar.
9. If there are problems with the GoToWebinar app or you accidentally close it during the lecture - there is an opportunity to connect to the lecture again. You need to follow the link from the letter that was sent to your email address after the registration to the lecture and launch the app again.
10. After finishing the lecture there will be the page opened in browser, where you will be proposed to evaluate the lector on a ten-point scale:
Your opinion is very important for our company and for the lector in particular!