News & Events
Ukrainian Freedom Digest: March, 15
- Posted by: Admin
The 20-th day of the full fledged war against Ukraine. The enemy continues to shell and perform airstrikes on the military and civil infrastructure of Ukraine. On the 14-th of March the amount of damage caused by Russia reached almost $120 billions.
The occupiers have kidnapped the mayors of the Dniprorudne and Melitopol and by means of torturing expect to force them to record video messages to the civilians, but the prisoners resist. The New York Times journalist – Brent Renaud has been killed in Irpin, however, one more journalist that was documenting the evacuation process has been wounded and stays in the hospital.
The office of the General Prosecutor of Ukraine has informed that by the morning of the 14-th of March 2022, the losses among Ukrainian civilians and infrastructure were the following: 90 children dead, more than 100 children wounded, 379 educational facilities damaged, 59 of which are completely destroyed.
By the last 24 hours, more than 62,000 Ukrainian people have fled from Ukraine (this amount has been reduced by 10% in comparison with previous rates), however, 17,000 Ukrainians came back home from abroad.
The citizens of Kherson, Melitopol and Berdyansk are showing impossible fortitude. They go out and hold rallies in front of the armed forces of the occupiers and remain in their places even after the shots from the automatic weapons. Naturally, they are all human beings and they do feel fear. However, they continue resisting that fear, as losing their own freedom and nation is much scarier than the occupier’s weapons.
During the war there is a tendency going around – to focus only on the negative aspects, which should not be done! That is why we will bring some positive news for today:
- there are 9 evacuation routes planned on March 15, however, Russia continues to violate the agreements and hinders the establishment of the humanitarian corridors;
- yesterday in Ukraine there was the Military Volunteer Day – which is a very important date for every Ukrainian;
- on the 14-th of March, the 4-th meeting of the negotiations between Ukraine and Russia took place online (Russia has refrained from issuing the ultimatums, the position of the Ukrainian side remains unchanged and strict). The negotiations have been stopped and will continue today;
- there are cases of mass refusals of Russian servicemen from «Business trips to Ukraine»;
- the Armed Forces of Ukraine are continuing to resist the occupants (at midnight our cannonry smashed to pieces almost 200 units of the military equipment of the Russian Federation near Mariupol);
- the news and more strict sanctions are continuing to be applied to Russia. It has become the world leader of the sanctions applied, leaving Iran and North Korea behind (the amount of sanctions has reached the number of 3,612 in 18 days.)
Nowadays we are witnessing the extraordinary collaboration of concerned residents of Ukraine, who are actively involved in the evacuation of people from the hotspots, creation of the services and channels in social networks that offer a variety of assistance for temporarily displaced people. Ukrainian military enlistment offices are overcrowded with volunteers and thousands of men (not only Ukrainians) are coming from abroad to defend our country from the enemy.
We need to continue to repel the enemy not only in the air but also on the land and in the sea, we must fight them in social networks, websites and even in personal conversations with someone. We call on the informational forces to mobilize and spread the truth on the pages of the world’s most influential media on Twitter and other social networks and ask for the most important thing – to close the sky over Ukraine.
For all those who are willing to help Ukraine, we attach the official donation services:
Armed Forces Fund
Come back alive – https://savelife.in.ua/donate/.
Medical and civilian help
The Red Cross fund donations for the peaceful civilians – https://bit.ly/3HJgu8G.
Help migrants and refugees
Wings of Hope/ Kryla Nadii – https://krylanadiyi.org.ua/info/rekvizyty/.
Beneficial foundation “Happy Paw” – https://happypaw.ua/ua/contribution.
Please, share this information around.