Usability testing – is a process of interaction with a tested product, in which such things are studied as a level of usability and customer satisfaction. It is performed both by testers and ordinary users, and eventually, all the results are summarized and processed.
The basic criteria:
- website and pages (software interface) load speed;
- layout adaptability;
- language, counting system, time format are presented in the conventional format (or they can be changed quickly);
- easy-to-read font and content quality;
- basic functionality is clear, and you do not have to search for it;
- absence of the horizontal scrollbar ;
- uniformity of the interface, site map presence;
- presence of company information and logo;
- no annoying elements for users, for instance, advertising with sound;
- page 404 informs time and a reason for an error and has information about the main sections and contacts.
Besides, it is crucial not to forget about the main goal of usability testing – usability checking and level of user satisfaction with the product. We also must check how people use the product and identify problem areas to improve some functions. Let us look at them in detail.