Developer Options on Android devices – are a hidden settings pack that allows running the OS and its processes in a broad and flexible manner.
In most cases, developer options are used only by technologically savvy specialists – programmers, analysts, service technicians, and testers. However, it will also be helpful for the typical user to discover some of the hidden functions of this OS. For example, the following useful options can be distinguished:
- USB debugging;
- change of the limit of background processes;
- display of the applications run in terms of memory usage;
- forming the bug report in two options;
- forced launch of an application in the split-mode;
- improving the quality of graphics in games by turning on 4x MSAA;
- setting the password for a backup;
- setting fake locations with the help of special programs;
- choosing and changing the default program for every type of file;
- correcting the screen color for people with the violation of color perception;
- changing the speed and duration of the window/application animation, etc.